Thursday, September 20, 2012

MY FIRST 5K RACE

MY FIRST 5K RACE
IFTAR CHALLENGE 2012

Dubai Autodrome, Motorcity Dubai, UAE
19 Sept.2012


Since I was exercising for almost 3 months now for my health and I want to measure my power in running...I decided to train and join a race.
Me and Bea (my daughter) during our 1st day of Exercise at Zabeel Park, July  2012

 ______________________

Facts: 
82 kg. - weight 3 months ago
72 kg. - weight before marathon
______________________
My plan is to run 3.5K (fun run) on January 2012 at Dubai Marathon. I researched a running plan that will fit for my age and started immediately last month.

During my first week my friend told me to join a 5K Marathon...and without any thinking I sign &
join the event. But on my 1st week of my training, I suffered from Achilles Tendonitis...Because of my weight. I can't run and walk.


I must follow my diet plan seriously and run every other day,
but still...I am worried if I can join a race...


Diet, run, diet, run, diet & run...
this is my new brain food everyday.
________________________
The big day is tonight.
I pack my running dress & shoes early morning.

At Lunch break I went to venue to see which road
I will take and parking space.

5:30 I left my office and reach the venue early.

My Bib no: 262

FRU (Filipino Runners UAE) Friends are there to participate and give us support.




5K MARATHON - IFTAR CHALLENGE 2012 Dubai in Dubai

 
This is it!



At exactly 8:00 pm around 350 runners started to run and we are the last pack slowly inching
to finish every meter to finish line.

The race course is...
Flat for almost 1K, Down Hill for 500m, 200m flat and a Up Hill for almost 400m
and flat again to complete 1 lap.

I manage to run with fellow FRU runner Jx Ortiz Nonog before Up Hill part...Slowly
by .30m per stride I finished the hill zone, I feel exhausted upon reaching starting point
for my lap 2. Thanks to Jx for water. (she kept 1 bo. for me during run).

At my last lap...reaching hilly part is sacrifice, I just brisk walk to finish that zone and
start to run again...

At 400 m. left "try to sprint until the end to have strong finish"Jx told me. I just run as fast as
I can to finish my first 5K Race.

I clocked 40:48:00, 3rd place to the last runner. A Proud Finisher of 5K run.

with RUTH VILLAVICENCIO

with BUDO BAYLOSIS

 I enjoy the race, memorable and something that I can be proud of.

Next...to train hard for my next race!
"10K Marathon on November 2012"

No comments:

Post a Comment