Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Scanning Day 2 Running Route for RUNmadan

SCANNING
Day 2 RUNmadan Challenge 2013

02 July 2013, Dubai, UAE
by:©fullcircle2013

 

Two days ago I drove around al qusais area (dubai,uae)
to double check my running routine map to actual place
of run.

While busy searching for Maryam Bin Emran Mosque
some doubts pops out on my mind...

          "Are we allowed to enter mosque even we're not a moslem?
          Is running outfit is allowed? Can we join iftar after our run?
          Can we take a souvenir photo?"


All of this questions will be answered in a short while
by Imam (Muslim Priest)...I hope he can talk english.


After few minutes...
at last Mosque No.5 (numbered according to my running map)...


 
MARYAM BIN EMRAN MOSQUEThis Mosque is around 15 years old, A Neo-Classic/ Moorish architectural style, painted on sand yellow color with a single 40 feet minaret.Elevated facade with three arch enclosed by framed reflective glass,  tied by green tiled beam with Arabic scriptures.  This Mosque was built on a corner of one big piece of land surrounded by parking spaces.

Mosque Name:         MARYAM BIN EMRAN MOSQUE
Location:                  36 St. cor 7A St., Al Qusais 3, Dubai, UAE
How to get here:       From Etisalat Metro Station you can walk

                                 with approximate distance of 800 mts

_________________________________________________

From my car, I need to run fast to escape from sunburn,
that time temperature is 45°c.

I saw two workers fixing exterior lights as preparation for Ramadan.
I spoke to them and ask where I can find Imam's House,
they told me to talk to utility guy inside the mosque.

Before reaching the door an indian male named Ashref approaches me.
I introduced myself and ask about Imam...and he answered "brother,
Imam cannot understand & talk english..."(ooopps i'm dead).

I talked to Ashref and explained about RUNmadan Challenge and
straight away asked my doubting questions.

And...Yes!

 
          "We can join Iftar after our run but we cannot enter mosque
          if you are not a Muslim, a decent dress is a must (no running
          shorts)...another yes! we can take photos during Iftar or
          outside mosque only."


 Before I left the area, I visited 3 mosques for Day 2 run.


MASJID AL QUTAMI AL SUWEIDI MOSQUE NO.4














.
MASJID AL QUSAIS MOSQUE NO.6























MASJID AL QUSAIS MOSQUE NO.7



















Useful link ABOUT RAMADAN:
http://www.cultures.ae/images/TipsRamadan2013.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment